Tuesday 3 September 2013

05-11 September Draughters Rides

I hope everyone enjoyed watching the Prologue of the Tour of Alberta.  Here is the our own Garry McCulloch with race leader and odds on GC favorite Peter Sagan.  Peter was nice enough to pose for this picture even though Garry has obviously disguised himself as the bellboy (note the luggage cart in the background) and stalked Peter to his room.   When not harassing the pros, Garry is part of the organizing committee for the Tour, and Jeff Booke and Lorraine Chan are on the organizing committee for the Calgary Finish Festival on Sunday.  Once again, here is the website for the Tour http://tourofalberta.ca.  If you can, please tell all your friends, then come out for the stages on Saturday and or Sunday to show support for the riders and the Tour so that professional cycling will have a permanent home in Alberta.

 

 

As for rides this week:

·         Saturday morning I hope to set up a team time trial training ride on Highway 8 to practice for the upcoming race.  If anyone wants to join us, please send me an e-mail.  I was thinking today that Kari, Krista, Donna and Lorraine would be a good women’s team.  How about it ladies?

·         Sunday morning I’m going to go for an early training ride as I have a commitment that conflicts with the 10:00 am ride.  If anyone wants to join me please send me an e-mail.  If anyone wants to lead the 10:00 am ride, let me know and I’ll update the club.

·         Monday night the Face Punch ride will start at the North Edworthy Parking lot at 6:30 pm.  After one easy climb of Edworthy as a warm-up we will go to Mackay Road for 10 hill repeats.  Great training for CX or late season Fondo’s will lots of hills.

·         Wednesday night is a CX race at Laycock Park at 6:45.

 

Ride on,

 

Mike

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment