Friday 9 August 2013

More Rides this Weekend

The forecast looks pretty good, so if you are in town, please come join a ride or two:

 

·         Saturday – Lorraine is planning a long road ride early tomorrow morning.  If you want to join the ride, please e-mail her at lchan@conroyross.com.

·         Sunday - the ride will leave at 10:00 am from the SW Corner of the Westside Church Parking lot (3939 69 Street SW), and be about an hour and a half to two hours.  The weather forecast is looking good, so I am committing to going for a beer afterwards on the patio at the taproom, so even if you don’t ride, think about coming for a beer.

·         Monday – The Face Punch ride returns, with hill repeats at COP.  We will meet at the bottom of the hill by the skeleton track (Canada Olympic Road) at 7:00 pm. 

·         Cyclocross – CX season is just around the corner, with the first race on 02 September.  I have done my first training session, trying to learn how to jump on and off my bike, and run with it up hills.  I’m pretty sure I looked like an idiot (or more of an idiot than I normally do), but it is really fun, unless you jump on the seat the wrong way.  If you know how to ride CX, please send me an e-mail so that we can meet up and you can teach me.  If you don’t, but want to try, send me an e-mail, and we can train together.  If you have no idea what cyclocross is, watch this, it is awesome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZOa_E9Qs8.  Did I mention drinking beer after CX races is very common?

 

Ride on,

 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment