Thursday 15 May 2014

2014 Group Rides and Jerseys

For those who aren’t aware, my wife Lorraine was diagnosed with cancer last fall and passed away in April.  Lorraine did a lot to help organize the Draughters and set up rides, and frankly I’ve struggled to get things set up on my own.  The good news is that a bunch of Draughters have stepped up to help out.  So here is the plan for 2014:

- Andrew will set up a Saturday morning road ride most weekends.  If someone wants to volunteer to help him out when he is out of town that would be great.  In my previous e-mail you can see all the e-mail addresses of your fellow members, so feel free to set up a “Draughters” mailing list if you want.
- Gord will set up a Sunday morning MTB ride most weekends.  If someone wants to volunteer to help him out when he is out of town that would be great.
- I will set up the Monday evening Face Punch Ride (so named because it is mostly interval training, which Lorraine used to say is as much fun as being punched in the face).  If someone wants to volunteer to help me out when I’m away that would be great.
- Anyone else who would like to set up a ride, please let me know, as I need to tell the ABA for insurance purposes.
- Don’t forget that Wednesday night is the Wednesday Night Racing Series for all you old-timers out there (i.e. 30+ years old) who are interested in a fun and friendly introduction to road racing.

Carber has graciously volunteered to organize jerseys this year.  The good folks at Wild Rose are helping us with a new design consistent with the cool new packaging of Wild Rose beer.  Our jerseys are already cool, and they will now be even cooler.

Finally, I have started team LoChanRulez for the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer this year.  Thanks to all those who have donated so far, and if anyone wants to ride with the team, the more the merrier.

Ride on,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment